Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Of all the times, and all the places

I have a large client based in New Jersey, just outside of NYC. They are just off Route 46, close to the NY/NJ border.

This client is new to our department, and is my largest based on bank service revenue as they have locations all around the country.

We've been planning to meet with them, and the rest of the servicing team has discussed me going along as well. It would be my first visit to a client within the recent portfolio that I've taken over the past few months, and I've been looking forward to these types of visits.

Everything was fine and dandy, until I found out this morning when the meeting was going to be held.

Just outside of New York, at the company's corporate headquarters.

Traveling via plane.

Monday, September 11, 2006.

I'm now a bit nervous. Frankly, the LAST place I want to be on 9/11 is ON A FRIGGIN AIRPLANE.

4 comments:

TSL said...

No way, man. I'd quit my job before taking that flight. You HAVE to put out some discrete feelers towards rescheduling. That is certainly a reasonable request.

APOSEC72 said...

I've pretty much decided I'll wait until I am not freaking out as much, then request that I fly up either on Sunday the 10th or even Saturday the 9th. If it means I have to put out for a hotel room, so be it.

There's been so much good karma lately that I don't want to tempt fate by getting paid back for previous good things in taking that flight.

Even after a long lunch and a longer walk around Midtown, I'm still wigging out.

Jeff Briscoe said...

Oh c'mon. It's better than say an early morning flight to Kentucky or something? Sorry. That was wrong. I'm as bad as Conan O'Brien himself. Guess I'm still just a little ticked at learning from dear old Rummy that I'm actually Neville Chamberlain and Iraq is actually the 3rd Reich. So forgive me there.

Who is the client anyway? What part of New Jersey? Maybe a trip to that Garfield Bowling Alley is in order? Do you remeber that weirdo who we met there? Talk about Memory Lane!

APOSEC72 said...

Talked to the big boss lady at the end of the day, and she's not too crazy about the idea either - she'd have to fly between Chicago and NY.

So now if I go, there's a better chance it would be to fly in on the 10th.

I'd still have to leave in the 11th, but departing doesn't give me the wilies as much as arriving.

Who knows, they may have the flight early enough on Sunday that I can find a way to traipse down to Atlantic City for Sunday and...um....get some salt-water taffy, yeah, that's it....taffy.