Sunday, August 20, 2006

Draft Recap

Well, we had our FFL draft today. First time on a new site, using CBS.

I feel OK about the team, though there are defintely several that are better. I ended up with the following roster:

QB: Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart
RB: Edgerrin James, Corey Dillon, Frank Gore, LenDale White
WR: Reggie Wayne, Joe Horn, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton
TE: Antonio Gates, Heath Miller
K: Jeff Wilkins
D: Baltimore, Denver

I feel good about everything except WR. I seriously misjudged when certain ones would still be available, so I kept seeing my targeted WR's go a slot or two before I was going to take them.

I took the first TE and first D, so I'm hoping they pan out. I'm also hoping Edge does well in Arizona and Dillon does OK this season, but if not, I'm expecting Gore or White will break out in their first years of full-time duty.

If nothing else, I think my QB depth is fairly decent. Eli Manning may put up numbers as good as Peyton, and Big Ben, if he comes back fully from his accident, should improve even more from last year.

But those receivers could be scary. Scary bad, or scary good. Not sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the run on RB's in the first round, I had to buck the trend, because I didn't want a second tier RB in the first round...
But I looked at your team, and your team's definitely better than mine, esp. at RB.
I told Ted that Jeff and Harold have the best teams right now.

Norm

APOSEC72 said...

I'd have to agree a bit on that assessment, though I thought Jason did well from the #1 slot getting the players he did.

As for me, I'm even more down on it than yesterday when I realized how many old players I'd invested my hopes in - Edge and Dillon have a lot of miles between the two of them.