Monday, January 28, 2008

Dammit Mister Hat!

Note to self:

Whenever you go to play poker - be it online, live, or on a rooftop - do not, I repeat, DO NOT forget your Riverchasers hat. EVER. AGAIN.

I went to CC's for a friendly neighborhood game last night, and was in a hurry so I could not find my hat which I now wear every time I play, because I've never been under with it.

I was doing ok for the first couple hours, as I was up almost a full buyin. We started with 1/2 NLHE, and then changed to dealer's choice. It was fun to play a whole bunch of different games in one session - PLO, PLO8/B, 7-stud 8/B, Pineapple, and Pot-Limit Hold 'Em. I did OK in most of the games, but PLO8/b saw both big hits and big misses.

I started getting tired, and stuck around longer than I should have. As it passed midnight, I was sitting around my original buy-in amount. Unfortunately, with the game as Pot-Limit Pineapple, I got waaaaaay too loose and got taken behind the woodshed. Probably my fault for selecting 2/4 limit Pineapple on one of my picks. I should have picked Badugi, or Razz, or SOMETHING I've actually played live before, and not just online.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I will NEVER forget this hat again.

EVER.

1 comment:

kurokitty said...

Nice meeting you...