Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cracker

Went to BrainMc's for the latest league game last night, 13 of us to the felt.

Last time, I got my aces cracked on the first level.

This time, I didn't see a decent hand for five levels. I got 7-7 once and A-K once. That was it.

We are down to 8, and I push in my short stack with 8's, and get called by 4's.

After we lose a couple, down to 6 with 3 paying, and I've chipped up a little, I get K-J in the SB. Late position limp. Blinds are 300/600, and I have about 3000. I decide to just complete the blind, but was debating a push.

Flop came out k-j-6, and I call an all in from a bigger stack with......A-A. I've cracked them, and move up in chips to almost the lead.

The very next hand.....I get A-A. Same players pushes in preflop, and of course, I call. KK v. AA, and I think I will have a commanding lead - but to get me back, my aces are cracked with a K on the flop.

I am crippled again, and have to push soon after with J-7 diamonds against Q-J, so I finish in 6th.

Pocket Aces showed up 4 times last night for various players - and lost all four times. In both my times, I've had aces cracked, though this time was slightly easier to take.

The lesson here...NEVER play pocket aces :) 7-2 won more hands last night than A-A.

2 comments:

BrainMc said...

Thanks for coming out and playing. Other than David trying to make a move with his limp, the Aces weren't misplayed, just a really strong 20% working that night. See ya next time.

APOSEC72 said...

Agreed - I don't think aces were misplayed a single time - it was just a bunch of really mean boards.