Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't wanna talk about it

I didn't want to do a post for any of the recent events - nuclear testing, Katrina anniversary, 9/11 anniversary, even the Crocodile Hunter.

I just don't want to think about it, or focus on it. I really don't. Frankly, with enough bad things happening in the current-day world, I don't want to remiss over anniversaries of things that were sad enough as they happened.

That's the extent of this post. Just wanted to say why I don't have a long reflection on today or haven't for other anniversaries. One, I've written enough about them already in other past posts. Two, I really don't want to wallow right now. Three, other folks do a much better job of putting into words how I feel on these events anyway, a far better job than I could do. I'm trying instead to be upbeat about the future, which is hard enough nowadays with the daily bad news from other parts of the world.

I'm just not in a reflective mood today, nor do I want to be. It's not to say I'm not sad about it, or not thinking about it, because I am.

I just don't want to write or talk about it. That's all.

No comments: