Tuesday, June 13, 2006

US News & World Report Rankings

Every year, they do rankings of colleges and universities. They just came out with an issue about best Graduate Schools. While walking through Kroger last night, I spotted it and read it for a minute.

The rankings for part-time MBA programs surprised me. Not because of where GSU was located - I knew that already. I just didn't know the others around it - which are more notable than I thought the list would be:

1) NYU
2) Univ. of Chicago
3) Northwestern
4) UCLA
5) UC Berkeley
6) USC
7) Georgia State (tie)
8) Michigan (tie)
9) Minnesota-Twin Cities
10) Southern Methodist

I'm surprised (in a good way) that it is rated on par with Michigan.

As for full-time programs, GSU did not rank in the top 50. But Emory came in at 18, which is a big drop for them. Good. I hope they fall even further. Not that there's any antipathy to Emory or anything...

2 comments:

Jeff Briscoe said...

Um, check your list again, Francase. And get over it, you Bulldog fan! I know old habits and all. But it's Georgia State University aka GSU - the other big school in Georgia.

APOSEC72 said...

Whoops - my bad. Can't believe I made that boo-boo - that was the whole point of the post.

Guess it's time to fade off for a little while to regain my sanity.

I wonder where a good spot would be...?