Tuesday, August 22, 2006

How are they not a top 10 party school?

Athens - Parents and educators are doing a double-take at a coupon book advertising alcohol specials and bail bonds being handed to University of Georgia students at a pair of Athens bookstores.

Unfortunately, all I got when I bought my books was a coupon for a Chick-fil-A sandwich. $1 drinks would be a lot more useful, both now and 10 years ago!

Seriously, though, this is a bit on the stupid side. First, for being so blatant in advertising, and second, for doing it while parents are still around. I'm not going to bring up the whole illegal part of it, considering how much we all indulged during our college days, and frankly I think the age should be 18 anyway. Even so, this is just a bit too brazen for my taste.

This is slightly different than finding out through word-of-mouth about Rocky's Package store. Just seems a bit brazen in promotion. At least let them attend a class or two first before getting them hammered.

In related news, UGA was left off the top 10 party schools list. However, I'm sure quite a few folks who read this are happy that Texas is #1 in something other than football.

No comments: