Monday, April 10, 2006

At least we didn't end up in Oz.

As you may have heard or been witness to, we had some storms roll through here Friday night and Saturday morning.

As Alex was having a bad night and came to sleep in the big bed, I slept downstairs, as being kicked all night be a baby isn't high on my wish list.

Luckily, I was downstairs when the back doors blew open.

A low-grade tornado (but still a tornado) touched down about 3 miles away at the Big Chicken. Brought down a lot of trees, shattered a lot of windows, and so on. In our subdivision, several trees came down and landed on roofs. GA 120 was closed in both directions so we couldn't get out too easily during the day Saturday. Around 4:30 AM, our back doors blew open, but luckily, since I was downstairs, I was able to shut the doors pretty quickly. It was pretty intense.

Luckily, no damage to our house, though the house across from us was not so lucky as a large part of a tree fell on it. We can definitely be thankful that there was no damage.

Besides, now I get to make fun of Alex when he is older for sleeping through a tornado.

No comments: