Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trivia helper


Tuesday night I went out to trivia with some friends. Before I left, I ate dinner at home with the kids, and Phineas and Ferb (the kids' latest favorite show, which is thankfully not dumbed down very much) was on.

The show had a mention of the mother as a one-hit wonder, and the wife pointed out the beltbuckle of "Toy" which I didn't get at first, but was apparently a Madonna reference of wearing a belt buckle that said "Boy Toy".

Apparently old age makes me forget random trivia moments. Or, I was paying more attention to Bon Jovi than Madonna. Would make sense, considering how old I was at the time.
Fast forward two hours to trivia, and this question pops up:

"When Madonna performed at the 1984 VMA's, she wore a white bustier, wedding dress, and belt. What did the belt buckle say?"

So, I guess I can credit the wife for helping us to finish first in trivia.

Unfortunately, since then I've basically had no voice either, meaning I've worked from home yesterday and I'm hobbling around today.
Still, it seemed a very funny coincidence.

No comments: