Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hell Week

My posting has been a bit spotty as of late, but this uber-post should be a pretty good recap, if I can get my left arm to stop spasming while I type - I think it's the chocolate I just wolfed down.

I've been joking that this period (Saturday through Saturday) is my Hell Week, but this is a little nuts.

  • Two finals on Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, with another exam today, another final Saturday, and a final presentation Monday.
  • Another bug making its way through our house, which meant that I couldn't even start on my take home-final (due Tuesday at midnight) until almost 11 PM Tuesday (thankfully, I was a ble to get an extension of a couple hours to complete it).
  • My first B- in graduate school, after I find out I missed the cutoff on the final exam that I needed for a B by just 5 points.
  • Wireless has gone kaput for good on my home computer, which very much limits my mobility in studying
  • A flare-up and re-staging of my sister's breast cancer, meaning an immediate entry into radiation instead of proceeding to surgery after finding a lump at the collarbone.
  • My first project being completed, then finding out there was a bug which forced me to spend all day Wednesday repeating debugging, while I was home taking care of aforementioned sick family folk. Thank goodness for VPN technology.
  • Realizing I may not be able to go to the Summer Blogger gathering, because...
  • I might be going directly to Phoenix because of new health problems with my father. They tried to insert stents to relieve heart blockages, but realized that at least two of the vessels were essentially non-functioning, which means probable triple-bypass surgery. They did perform a PED scan, and found a tumor the size of a golf ball in the upper right lung, and are unsure if it is into the lymph nodes. They also found three ppolyps in the colon. All that means chemo and radiation before they can even get to heart surgery.

We had been making plans that I would go to Vegas for the bloggerment shenanigans and meet up with my father and uncle there before flying back to Atlanta with my father in tow for a visit. That way, he's somewhat monitored on a cross-country flight and finally gets to visit.

Unfortunately, that may not be possible now, so in addition to pulling out of the blogger charades, I might be going back and forth to Phoenix just as I was going back and forth to New York while at Emory.

I've decided to take the summer off from classes, which is probably for the best.

Now if I can just make it through these last couple of exams without falling on my face, I'll be fine.

At least I now know I can't do like I used to and get 5 hours of sleep over three days with a work schedule and school schedule. Apparently, I am not 21 anymore, and that would only work in Vegas when I'm not worrying about work or school, but only dealing with shenanigans.

Also, shenanigans allows me to link to a really silly stupid movie clip which most of you probably know.



No comments: