Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Phone fling

Last week, I wrote that I needed a new phone. For the past few years, I've used a pretty simple Nokia phone, and it's served me pretty well despite getting banged, thrown, dropped, chewed, and lost repeatedly.

I wasn't looking for much last time I went phone-shopping. Texting and basic phone needs were enough for me.

That was in 2003. In 2008, I'm looking for something a bit more complex. One of the phones I've started looking at is the Nokia N96, released just last month, which I can use with my current T-Mobile service if I wished.

The N96 has a lot of the features that I've decided I'd like to have in a new phone - full-service browser, GPS, 5-megapixel camera, video upload and connections to Google Accounts, and an RSS reader. So, I could theoretically spend all day trying to read the thousand or so posts y'all do each day while also trying to write to each of the three sites I'm actively writing for as well as all the case studies I do for school. The swing-out keyboard would help significantly.

I'd like for the next phone I get to be a pretty smart phone in terms of what I can do with it, and this appears to be a possibility since I could also keep my current account without having to switch providers (which probably wouldn't be too bad, but it's one less thing to worry about.

No comments: