Monday, November 19, 2007

Back from the whirlwind

Well, the 44-hour cross-country extravaganza is over, and I'm back home.

It was an interesting trip, to say the least.

I learned again why I hate taxis so damn much. I really wish the monorail went all the way to the airport.

I learned Henderson is very boring.

I learned that it's very hard to sleep after dozing on a cross-country flight.

I learned that doing homework on this sort of trip is impossible.

I learned that I should never, ever, EVER step foot in the Flamingo again. I never run well on anything there, and probably never will.

I learned that it's very difficult to stay up all night when lugging a duffel bag around the Strip until your 8 AM flight departs.

Lastly, I learned that I should play poker in Vegas whenever I can, because OHMIGOD there is a lot of terrible play.

I went to Caesar's poker room, and it is definitely the nicest poker room I've ever seen. I was up and down and up and down thanks to the riverchasers at the table who kept sucking out on me - which is expected at 3/6, I've seen it enough times.

Best hand of the night: pocket 3's. I limped in late position, because everyone was getting in and I really wanted a good pot if I hit a set.

It's the best hand of the night because of the flop of 3-3-2.

DQB!!!!!!!

I finished up a couple bucks on the night, but it was an overall fun time. If we ever get the chance to do it up right, we'll stay there, because it's really, really, really nice.

As for work.....

I met with the CEO and about 10-12 other area developers and corporate folks. There were about 30 interested franchisees there - aside from myself and one woman from PA, everyone was from Utah, California, or Nevada. It lasted until about 3:00, so it got out a lot earlier than I thought it would.

I've got my UFOC, and materials, and supplemental docs to fill out....yay. But I have two problems:

1) Financing: Still trying to see if it's possible.
2) Timing: The enxt step, if I get financing, will be to go to Virginia Beach for 5 days of training in December. Unfortunately, on the fourth day of training, I have a final exam and a final presentation. While I could move the exam, I might not be able to move the presentation, so this could be a BIG problem.

To be continued.......

No comments: