Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dropping

I've been trying to get back into running which I haven't done in, probably ten years, easily.

It hasn't been too easy. It probably has something to do with the ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN DEGREE heat index we registered, which is trying to make my lungs explode.

Thankfully, GSU's gym re-opened today, so I was able to work out a little more and check my progress. So far, in two weeks, I've dropped about ten pounds. I'm not doing too well running-wise, but I am trying to do better with any cardio activity - rowing, elliptical, etc.

Only another 27 pounds to go. Hopefully enough will drop off before my agility test.

Not going tomorrow, because I'll be keeping Sammie home from school tomorrow - she's pushing teeth through, and had a fever today so she's not able to come to school tomorrow. Not too bad - the fever's related to the teeth, and baby Tylenol seems to do the trick.

So, we'll do something fun tomorrow, before my football draft. I'm just hoping the player I want is still around after 15 picks - there's six supplemental picks, then eight other teams selecting before me. After that, there's 20 picks until my next one, since I made a trade last year for Ahman Green (stupid) which cost me the 5th round pick.

Thank God I had three decent keepers in Reggie Wayne, Frank Gore, and Antonio Gates. Too bad I couldn't have won the whole damn thing and had to settle for a third 2nd-place finish.

Always the bridesmaid.....

1 comment:

boxercab said...

great job with the weight loss so far! we're working on that too, but having a hard time with the crazy heat as well.