Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Dumbest Tagline I've Heard in a while

I'm driving through Alabama this weekend, and I see signs up for George Wallace Jr. for Lt. Governor. Given the history of the family name, it doesn't strike me as odd that he would be running or have a previous political career.

What knocked my socks off, though, was listening to the radio, catching a political advertisement in the middle, and hearing this tagline:

"George Wallace Jr. - another liberal politician, and too liberal for Alabama."

Wait a second - LIBERAL????!?!!?!??

His father stands in the schoolhouse door, is one of America's most polarizing racial figures, and Junior gives speeches to and meets with white supremacist organizations on the campaign trail, and he's being painted as a LIBERAL?

Apparently being seen in public with other races is enough to qualify you as a liberal in Alabama. Wow.

Thankfully, I'm now back in Georgia.

No comments: